About the Award: The aim of this program is to continuously engage with aspiring and existing developers to help them become professional developers with skills that can get them opportunities after the program.
To continue advancing through the sessions to get access to more courses and mentoring, you’ll need to prove you’re dedicated to learning these tech skills. You can do this by:
- Registering for your selected track
- Completing all requirements to advance to the next phase
- Participating in Andela challenges and meetups when you can
Learners who complete the program may be eligible for an opportunity to take a Associate Android Developer or Associate Cloud Engineer Google certification exam with the certification exam fee paid for by Google.
Eligibility: In order to participate in the Google Africa Certification Scholarship program, you must be at least 18 years of age and be a resident of a country in Africa.
Selection: Acceptance into this program is limited, so get started today to ensure you don’t miss out! Applicants will be prioritized for advancement based on onboarding survey completion, amount of Pluralsight content consumed and other target demographics.
Eligible Countries: African countries
To be Taken at (Country): Online
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: The Google Africa Developer Scholarship (GADS) program gives you free access to Pluralsight course content plus support from the Andela Learning Community in your chosen skills development track. After completing your desired track, you may be eligible to receive a Google certification grant to take Google’s Associate Android Developer or Associate Cloud Engineer certification exams. Mobile web learners will not be eligible for certification.
How to Apply:
- Register at this link and meet the program criteria.
- Take the Andela onboarding survey with the same email you used to register on Pluralsight. Make sure to select which track you’re focusing on.
- Watch one or more hours of Pluralsight content in the track you chose.
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.